What has been the most tricky parts of learning english for you?

There´s nothing to worry.. you have born speaking a different language , so trying to learn and learning a foreign language that has its difficult qualities is a great achievement on your part.That is why I congratulate you and I encourage you to continue expanding your knowledge because : every day you learn something new!

For me is double letters in words like different and support, I really don't know if there's a rule for it. Also, the verb do in past tense followed by another verb also in past tense, I know that's wrong but I keep making the same mistake >_<
I don't think anybody that wasn't born speaking a language should feel bad about their learning process, and if a native speaker ever makes fun of me for it I'll tell them: to go ahead and try to write a sentence in Spanish and we'll see about your grammar.

I have a weird trick for that, I associate "after" with "antes" it's wrong I know, but then I think of the antonym of "antes" and automatically know it's meaning, "after" means "después".
Yeah! I used to fool myself. Since I realized I should to think in English I'm trying to stop to do it . I have same issues with some days of the week. There is no way!

Aside from the ones mentioned, I think one of the most tricky parts for me has been the accents.. here I thought I kinda was able to communicate alright and all of a sudden a wild black accent pops out and gets me all messed up •́⁠ ⁠ ⁠‿⁠ ⁠,⁠•̀ they keep shortening words men and they just talk so fast and when I hear Indian accent my 2 bilingual braincells just want to commit seppuko

...then i have an issue with 2 specific words that sound soooooo similar one is beach and the other if u guessed it ...B*tch ...

the other day I was talking about how pretty Cuban beaches are with my Boss but my tongue got all tangled up and I said pretty B*tches instead and now everytime he sees me he says "where're the pretty B*tches at?" ....I'm dead ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ

Truth be told, not even native speakers speak their language correctly unless they actually dedicate their college years to study it. So, for someone who wasn't born into the language to actually be fluent in it needs a great amount of time. For some, it starts as kids. For others, it starts a little bit older. In any case, to master a foreign language, the best option is to practice. Practice. Practice. Practice. You can learn all your tenses and ton-shit of vocabulary, but the minute you step out of the classroom, what's gonna happen with all those words if you don't use them? Exactly. You forget them.

Pronunciation is the most difficult part, English seems to be unique for everyone, but not everyone uses the same dialect and misunderstandings are formed, Afros have their dialect and Miccosukee Indians depending on the state they are. You will notice the difference between the language of the street and the rest of the people are not. Similar to the Cuba, he speaks charlatan innovating with things out of context.

I dont like this language that much tbh. The only reason why I learnt it is because I knew I would move to a english speaking country and English is also the most used language worldwide because its efficiency and easy overall.

What do I hate about english? I hate how BAD the language is, and that makes it ironically hard sometimes. Is not surprising because this language literally came from the result of the Romans trying to communicate with the Vikings and Celtics in England. Literally half of the vocabulary is recycled XD.

Totally different words have the exact same pronounciation. (night/knight, hear/here, cell/sell, brake/break, dye/die, hour/our... and the list continues). Also, the fucking language has more exceptions than RULES.

I would also say the slangs and accents, but Spanish definitely has more variety and is way harder than English when it comes to regional dialects.

Atrás